Making it Legal
When it comes to forming a new business entity (often referred to as "incorporating a business"), there are three primary considerations:
- Choosing a legal structure for your business.
- Understanding the government rules and regulations pertaining to the business structure you've chosen
- Filing the necessary forms (Articles of Incorporation) to establish the business entity with the State as well as obtaining required tax ID for the business from the IRS
1. Choosing a legal structure for your business
You have several options for the legal structure of your business. This link explains the differences between various business structure options available to you so that you can see which type best fits your planned opperation.
2. Understanding the rules and regulations
This link describes the rules and laws pertaining to each business type. You will also find links to the forms (Articles of Incorporation) and filing guides you'll need to file correctly and create you legal entity with the State.